Two decades ago, children used to spend their free time playing in parks and grounds. But in this age of technology, that is essentially not the case. Children are spending way too much time in front of a screen that no parent can really acknowledge. But that mindset is slowly changing with the advent of integrating technology and education. Let us look at some of the ways by which we can make the most efficient use of technology to our benefit in the classroom.
- Tablets and laptops being personally accessible for each student in a class will replace the requirement of carrying a large set of textbooks which will essentially reduce the physical workload on the student. Wasn’t there a time wherein students used to dread carrying textbooks to school just because the backpack got too heavy? Well, technology has come up with a solution for that with ebooks and online textbooks.
- Students will be able to study what they want to through virtual classrooms. Unlike communicating instantly through a piece of technology, students can expect an almost full-fledged classroom experience with real-time Q & A sessions. Students from different parts of the world can all come under the same stream and listen to mentor teaching from a different part of the world.
- Students will no longer rely on textbooks as the internet is a true encyclopedia housing information on any topic that a person can think of, from topics like Equilibrium to astrophysics. Students will only refer to a textbook when they cannot find the answer to a particular question online which in itself is highly unlikely.
- Even students who require special attention while learning can use assistive learning tech to help them with their needs. This assistive technology work on the caliber of the student. It measures how much the student knows and accordingly adapts its teaching methods so as to benefit the student in the most effective way.
- Online blogs are no longer for the individuals with all the technical know-how. In our current scenario, students can use blogs to discuss ideas and queries on any topic from biochemistry to global warming with a global audience to get a different perspective on things.
Thus, here we have discussed some of the advantages that have been brought forth by technology. These advantages are set to create a more efficient learning experience for students when compared to how students had it 3 decades ago. To get an experience of new age learning content, check out our YouTube channel –